303 West Church Street
The Customer Services/Consumer Billing Department collects all revenues for the City of Laurinburg. Payments can be made by cash, check or all major credit cards. Our office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
We also have other services to offer such as bank drafts, equal payment plan, load management credits, electrical off-peak saving rates, rebates on electric water heaters and/or electric heat pumps, and tips on how to conserve electricity or water. You may call our office at the above number to see if you are eligible for any of these services or to receive information on conservation.
- Mail payment to: The City of Laurinburg, P.O. Box 249, Laurinburg, NC 23853.
- Payment may be made in person at the City of Laurinburg Municipal Building located at 303 West Church Street.
- Payment may be placed in the night depository box located past the drive-thru window of the Municipal Building. Payments dropped off after 8:00 a.m. will be processed the next working day.
- Payment may be made by utilizing the City of Laurinburg Pre-Authorized Bank Draft Plan.
- Utility payments only may be made on-line.
Applications for new services can be completed by visiting our Customer Services Department during normal working hours. No orders for new service will be completed during the holidays.
In order to establish new service, you will need the following information:
- Driver's License (or other identification)
- Social Security number
- Physical Address of the home or business
- Billing address of the home or business (if different from physical address)
- Telephone number for the home or business
- Rent receipt or copy of lease (renters only)
- Landlord's name, address and telephone number
- Deposit (see Fee Schedule)
- A letter of 12 months of excellent credit from past utility company to waive deposit (homeowners only)
- Information about the nature of the business for license (businesses only)
- Zoning Permits (if required)
Most charges are listed in our Fee Schedule. This includes water, sewer, and garbage rates, tap fees, deposits and more. To obtain our current electric rates, please come by our office.
If you have any questions, please email Tammie Simmons, Customer Services/Consumer Billing Supervisor, or call her at (910) 276-1521.